I’m still washing, weighing, measuring, and documenting my yarn. The washing and weighing are fairly straight forward. Even the documenting isn’t bad because I think I have a pretty good set up in place for that. It’s the measuring that’s getting me. I measured around my yarn swift, then count how many times around my yarn went, then multiply. From that measurement I should be able to get the yards per gram for all of the yarn that came from that sweater. The kink in this plan appeared when I did this measurement for a few skeins of the same kind of yarn and came up with different numbers. One was 1 yard per gram and the other was 3… That is a big difference when the skein is 70 grams. My next plan is to carefully measure out one yard of each kind of yarn and then measure that and hopefully I’ll come up with something a little more accurate. I know my measurements will be approximate but I want them to at least be close!
I work, take care of my babies, read, and maybe sometimes knit.